Refuting Sam Shamoun's Arguments Against The Monotheism of Islam
[Introduction, Sami Zaatari's Rebuttals to Shamoun, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Tawassul in Christianity]
Sam Shamoun has authored a series of articles that have to do with questioning the monotheistic teachings of Islam.
As I shall illustrate in this series of refutations to Shamoun, Shamoun's arguments are unfounded. He appeals many times to weak narrations that hold no authority to Muslims. He makes a mountain out of a mole hill with several narrations that don't teach anything contrary to Islamic monotheism. He isolates verses from the entire Qur'an and abuses the sound interpretation of those passages and doesn't cite any early evidence for any of his arguments. In conclusion, the reader would clearly observe that Shamoun's arguments are not only totally bogus, but at most times completely outrageous and absurd to the extent that it would cause you to nod your head in pity for who would ever fall for these arguments. That's why it's not a surprise why he is the first one to come up with many of his arguments.
Before I proceed with the series of refutations I wanted to guide the readers to articles that I have already written refuting Shamoun on this subject:
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Allah as the Inheritor of Creation"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Is Allah the Only Judge and Forgiver of Sins?"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Is Allah the Only Judge or Not?"
- Rebuttal To Sam Shamoun's Article "Is Allah A Messenger? Or is Gabriel God?"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Jesus as the Mercy of Allah: More Quranic Evidence for the Divinity of Christ"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "The Quran's many Gods and Lords: An Analysis of the Worship given to And Deification of Creatures within the Islamic Text"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Muhammad and Oath-Making: Another Example of Muhammad failing to practice what he preached"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Muhammad - The Prophet of Shirk"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Quran Contradiction: Was Muhammad Protected From the Power of Satan?"
- Rebuttal to Sam Shamoun's Article "Allah's promises to protect Muhammad from the power of Satan: Responding to the assertions of a Muslim Apologist"
We highly encourage the readers to first go through these articles before proceeding any further. This is because there are arguments found in Shamoun's articles that I will not be refuting over again because they have already been dealt with in the above articles. For example, Shamoun in several of his articles cites Qadi Iyaad from Kitab Al Shifaa' to try and prove that the letter waaow signifies co-equality between Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him). In this series I ignore this argument because I have already addressed it in one of the above mentioned articles. This is important to note, for I don't want my readers thinking that I am purposely avoiding Shamoun's arguments.
Return to Refuting Sam Shamoun
Return to Homepage